Saturday, February 16, 2008

Orientation in 3D

I created the orientation program in 3D. It was fairly unstable but slightly more accurate when functioning. Upon researching robotics and vehicle orientation on various websites, the only way to be 100% correct is to use two accelerometers. This is what the WiiMote uses as well. As much as I found like this, accelerometers with breakout boards are not cheap. $5 chip on a $25 board. The tilt switch might be the way to go but the adding latency to the program will also work as well. Just for experimentation I will try it with a second accelerometer. This would require me to use a PLC and not just the XBee radio. I am going to soon experiment using the XBee radios to use their PWM outputs. I also have to work on creating a nice low pass filter for sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home