Monday, February 25, 2008

Starting from 3D basics

Several noteworthy events: I received two chips from FTDI and interface well with XBee radios. Two I know now I have to up grade my XBee's firmware and that is why I had such a hard time with them last semester. Three there are some nifty produces from FTDI that allow you to use USB flash memory on an Arduino. I could include nice prerecorded sounds versus making them with PWM and various hardwired filters.

After speaking to Liubo Borrisov I need to change the way I am using my accelerometers in 3D space. I have to chose a format first, matrix orientation, Euler angles, or quaternion diplacemnet. So I have good 47 pages to read up on and take notes. After that is decided comes the programing the math into Processing.

I looked into smoke from model trains. It is a electrical heat source with a piston. The heater changes the liquid into smoke and the pistol makes it puff. I am going to contact Lionel and see if I can get one to play around with. Sparkfun started carrying coin (pancake) vibration motors. I need to order one from them and see if they survive the test. I will write to Microsoft tomorrow to see if I can get some vibration motors from defective controllers. It is a shot in the dark but it will not hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home