Friday, April 25, 2008

Trouble Shooting XBee Issues

I have gotten some progress on the XBees transmitting data through sensors. The main issue was that XBees are programmed in hexadecimal. When I programmed the address to 1234, I should have programmed it to 4D2. Once that was fixed I still had a problem because the address was off. I looked up how the XBee sends data and it sends it in 10 bits. I am so used to 8 bits from the Arduino that I had the math translating the most significant bit as it were from an 8 bit piece of data. Once the math was fixed I had the correct address displayed as 1234. The only problem currently is that data coming in from the sensor only reads 1024 even when attached to ground. Hopefully I can solve this issue this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home