Monday, November 17, 2008

Testing Xbee RSSI

I was going to use the RSSI data to determine the proximity of the elements to the apothecary. When the element was brought closer the the apothecary the behaviors of each element would increase in strength. However after testing the signal strength I have come to the conclusion I will not be able to use this data. The orientation of the senders antenna could vary the signal strength about twenty points in the same location. Also it was overly reactive and under reactive from distance to distance and orientation to orientation. I will try to use a over head IR camera to track the elements. I will try to get a 3D print of an elemental bottle this Wednesday. I need help with the modeling in Maya so hopefully one of my friends will be able to come to my aid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home